Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday... Where did you go?

Today felt like it raced by... It was so fast.
Went to Math at 7:45 and sat next to my friend, Martin. He's like a college version of Brevin. I like talking to him. After I went back home and ate some food and did a bit of homework.
Humanities was interesting. We learned about the history of Greece and all the cool stuff that happened.
Choir we sang and sang and sang. We're sounding really good and we get to sing the Spirit of God at one of devotionals in the near future. Fun fun :) In choir someone shared a very funny quote. "A singer must have the mind of a poet, the body of an athlete, and the face of an idiot." :)
Group Vocal Lessons was the usual. More and more singing. We learned about expression today.
After I ran home to get my sheet music and then went to voice lab. I'm in a group with three boys. It's a lot of fun. Sister Olsen said I was doing really good and she could pick me out most of the time :) and these boys are loud...
Then Monday's classes were FINALLY over. I went over to Carly's and ate some of her Asian food. It's soooo good. I'm gonna have to get the recipe for it. I went with Carly and Elise to the grocery store and they got some stuff to eat and then we ran over to the Quick Ship N Copy. My humanities professor, Brother Peck, is writing our textbook while we're in class. Apparently none of the other texts he researched were good enough so he decided to write his own. Anyways, every week or so he'll send out an email saying go pick up the next chapter. So that's what I did today.
I came back home and jumped into my Book of Mormon homework. It's mostly just busy work... But it has a bunch of great quotes in it. I liked this one...

"Obedient as Nephi was, his obedience did not shield him from afflictions.  The Book of Mormon teaches that opposition is a necessary part of life's test.  Nephi's bow broke in the wilderness, even though his family needed food.  Today righteous Saints lose their jobs even though they have paid their tithing and magnified their Church callings.  The test of the 'broken bow' isn't only for the one who breaks the bow but also for those affected by the break....Yet Nephi found solution to his dilemma in one simple act: 'I, Nephi, did make out of wood a bow, and out of a straight stick, an arrow' (1 Ne. 16:23)  Instead of murmuring, Nephi simply went to work and made another bow.  Murmuring wastes time, lengthens one's journey, and hardens one's heart....God may not always stop bows from breaking, but he does help in the construction of new ones." -Dennis L. Largey
After I finished the homework, we went to FHE. It was at the boys apartment this week and it was a lot of fun. We played feather volleyball. Paige and I were on a team first and we crushed Trevor and Jared. Basically you have a feather and you try to blow it over the net... and you can't let it touch the ground. 
After FHE, we all came home and now we're all just sitting here doing homework, making food, or getting ready for tomorrow. Ok... gotta get off the computer now. Goodnight!
Love,
Q

1 comment:

  1. HaHaHa!!! I'm TOTALLY cracking up here! Dennis Largey was MY Book of Mormon prof at BYU. Great quote!

    ReplyDelete