Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 2 (Why me?)

Today was a weird day.
I woke up this morning and my right eye was swollen shut. I seriously couldn't open it at all. This had happened once before a couple of weeks ago.
I called my mom and asked her what to do. She said that I had pink eye and that I could use the over the counter stuff that we had bought when this had happened before but that I should probably go to the doctor's office here on campus.
I called them and made an appointment and then decided to go back to sleep for a while until the appointment. I was NOT going to go to class with one eye swollen shut. Not only was it very painful but it couldn't see out of it. I literally felt handicapped.
11:00 rolled around and I got up and got dressed... I had a 15 minute walk all the way across campus... Ever wanted to be invisible? I definitely did today.
I left the apartment and walked very quickly to the office, hoping and praying all the way there that I wouldn't run into anyone I knew.
I got there and checked in. A couple of minutes late I got called into the back and the doctor came in to check my eyeball out. He asked if I wore contacts and if I had a cold. Yes to the first, no to the second.
He pried open my swollen eye and made me look at a very bright light (Yowch! No thank you) and then told me that it was infected but it might be something a bit more.
He said that sometimes contacts can cut off the oxygen supple to a cornea and that's what they had seemed to do to my eye. He said no contacts for a while and gave me a prescription for some antibiotic drops. I got them from the pharmacy and then I had the 15 minute (seemed like eternity) march home.
Luckily, I didn't run into anyone as I hurried home.
When I got to my place, I emailed my teachers apologizing for not being in class and explaining the situation. I got my homework done and that's pretty much all I did all day today. It was not the most exciting day and hopefully I won't have another one like it anytime soon.
The antibiotics worked very well and my eye isn't as swollen anymore (just a little bit) and it's still a bit pink but at least it's not bright red like it was earlier.
So classes tomorrow (FIVE of them!) and it should be fun.
Goodnight!
Love,
Q

1 comment:

  1. Ah the experiences in life that make us into adults. Glad you got it all handled. I hope it's smooth sailing for you for awhile. Good luck tomorrow. Love you!


    Oh...and you HAVE to turn off the word verification thingy for comments....ANNOYING! If you don't know how, I'll guide you through it anytime. Just let me know when.

    ReplyDelete