Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What a Wonderful Wednesday :)

Ok so Wednesday is definitely my most stressful/busiest day of the week.... Why wouldn't it be? I have five classes and my last one is science which ends at 9:30 pm....
So this morning I woke up 15 minutes early cuz Joelle was going to attempt to curl my stick straight hair.
She did an amazing job actually. The only problem is my stupid hair hates being curled. It'll hold it for about 3 hours before it starts to go back to normal.
So it looked amazing for math.... and then I walked home....
Math went by super fast today. I understood everything that we talked about and I felt like a freaking genius (which doesn't usually happen for me in the math department).
When I got home, I finished the homework that I was supposed to have done for Humanities and then headed off to that loverly class.
We talked about the humanities of Egypt and looked at a bunch of cool pictures. Something interesting I learned today? In murals inside the Pharaoh's tombs they have paintings of their different Gods. Osiris (god of the underworld) is always painted with green skin. Isis (his wife and sister) always wears a headdress with a sun in between two bull horns. And finally their son, Horus, is the one with the hawk head. Just so you know :)
After that I went to choir. It's pretty amazing that I have my two favorite classes right after each other. We sang a whooooole bunch :) but that's what you do in choir. I made a new friend named, Scotty. He's kind of like a Mormon Brenden Knight for those of you who know Brenden Knight. He's a cool guy :)
Group Vocal Instruction is right after that. This class is okay... Not my favorite but it has it's fun moments.
Then it was time to go home and eat lunch and do some homework and all that fun stuff.
I got an amazing package from my friend, Mikala Dent at home. It had all my favorite snacks in it and some silly string! It made me sooooo happy.
Around 7:15 I headed off for my last class of the day. Science.
When I got there I plopped down in my seat and then the teacher passed out little bowls with three little termites in them... ooook what the heck are we doing?
We had to do two "experiments".
The first was a quantitative one with the termites. We basically herded them around this piece of paper. They love the smell of blue ball point ink. They followed wherever we drew with the pen. It was kind of funny.
The second was a qualitative. We thumb wrestled! We measured our thumbs and forearms and all these other crazy things. And then we had to thumb wrestle. It was fun :)
When Brother Pettit asked us why we did this the funniest answer came from a guy who looks just like Squints from the Sandlot. He said we collected this information so we can figure out the best qualities for a successful thumb wrestler and so we can take that info and create a genetically enhanced thumb wrestler. hahaha it was super funny.
Best thing about that class was that we ran out of things to do so we got out 15 minutes early :D It was AWESOME.
On my way home I checked the mail and I found a lovely surprise. The sheet music I asked my mom to send me had arrived. YAY! So tomorrow when I go with Joelle to the piano room in the lounge I'll have a little piece of home to take with me :D
ok ok ok. Done with today. It was a super good day (best i've had at college yet) and I'm really happy :)
Goodnight!
Love,
Q

1 comment:

  1. Glad the music got there so quickly. Could it be that my MASSIVE amount of stamps helped. HeeHee! Hope tomorrow's even better than today. Love you! Oh, and thanks for calling Lollie today. She loved it!

    ReplyDelete