Sunday, September 9, 2012

Week 1

So this is my explanation (?) of what happened my first week out here for college.
I was basically by myself from Monday-Wednesday. Everyone showed up on Thursday and I was so excited to see them. It gets kind of boring here when you're on your own. Thursday was hanging out with everyone on the I-Team. It was a lot of fun and I'm with a cool bunch of people. Get Connected is a three day thing for freshmen and it's a lot like EFY. There was a devotional-like thing where President Clark spoke to us. It was really cool. Thursday night there was a game night. My team is obsessed with missionary tag. We must have played it four times in one night. The MC would tell us to move to a new area and we'd just start the game back up again.

Friday was the academic day. We left the apartment at 8:30 in the morning and went to academic connections. We went to the "college" of our major. There were six colleges: Agriculture and Life Sciences, Business and Communication, Education and Human Development, Language and Letters, Performing and Visual Arts, and Physical Sciences and Engineering. I went to the Performing and Visual Arts one. It was very interesting and I realized that I might not want to be a music major after all. There's not much you can do with one. So I decided that I'm going to try for an English major with a music minor. There's two things that I love and are passionate about.

This complicates things a bit... Because that means that I have to rethink some things. I'm going to go talk to someone in the Language and Letters office on Monday. We'll see what I need to get done but I might just have to play out this semester.

After this I made this discovery, we went to the gym in the I-Center and had a freshman BBQ. It was really yummy. Then we went to a "Getting Involved" meeting. They told us all about these fun groups you can join and stuff like that.

That night, my friend Zach (who served a mission in Brazil) had a potluck kind of thing at his place. It was surprisingly good. My friend Joelle and I went and met a whole bunch of people. The best thing about college is that it isn't high school. There aren't any cliques and everyone's equal :)

After that we went back to our place and headed over to Elise's. We made brownies and chilled until it was time for the talent show. We went to the talent show together and it was really fun. There are so many people here who can do cool things.

Our group was having a game night after but we didn't wanna go so we snuck into Elise's place, made kettle corn, ate the brownies, and watched some movies. It was super fun :)

Saturday was pretty much a free day. I got to hang out with my friends and then have some time all by myself to get some things figured out. I got my TB shot tested and guess what? I don't have it. I could have told them that... but whatever. Saturday night was the I-Night and that was a campus-wide party. There was a dance and stand up comedians and a bunch of inflatables that you could play on. It was pretty chaotic :)

Now today... going to church at 1 in the Romney building. It's gonna be fun and we get to meet our ward.
So that was my week so far. Can't wait to see what the next one holds.
Love,
Q

No comments:

Post a Comment