Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday.... Almost Blissful

Tuesdays and Thursdays are my calmest days. Only two classes. It's so nice :)
The reason Tuesdays are better though is because of Devotional. This week it was by Elder Gary Coleman.
He's a general authority (I can't remember what he is).
So started off the day bright and early with Book of Mormon. I really like that class. My teacher is a nice guy who loves to tell funny stories.
Then, about an hour after, is Music Explorations. This is a class specifically designed for potential music majors. It's there to help kids figure out what they're going to do and prepare for the upcoming semesters. It's a very helpful class.
Finally! Done Done Done. Then it was time for homework :P I swear it never ends. But that's okay. At least I get it done.
At 2 we went to devotional in the I-Center. The lesson was on the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. Elder Coleman is a convert to the Church and he told us about his story and then talked about all the invitations that are in the wonderful book. It says "Come unto Christ" at least a dozen times in there. I think that makes it pretty clear what we're supposed to do.
After devotional, I decided to take a nap. It was glorious :) I really should do that more often.
We had a meeting with the Carriage House managers. They're really nice and they told us to focus on three things living here: Love, Shared Responsibility, and Mutual Respect. They said if you learn this living here then you will be able to get along with anyone you live with.
When I checked the mail today (I'm kind of obsessed with checking. I do it everyday :)) I found one of my textbooks that I ordered and a key to a bigger mailbox.... I had no idea where this mailbox was. So Joelle and I went on an adventure. We went to the post office to see if it was there (it wasn't). So we came back to our place and we found out that the bigger mailboxes were right across from the little ones... Oh well :) At least we know what to do now and Joelle knows where the post office is. Inside the big mail box was the textbook that Mom and I ordered that we thought was lost because we addressed it wrong.
Turns out that I don't even need that book... We got it for like $.99 though and it's a hard back. It's actually not even a textbook. Just a book full of science stuff... Lots of pretty pictures too. I think I'll keep it. Might come in handy for something. Ok well going to bed now. Joelle's gonna try curling my hair tomorrow morning :)
Goodnight!
Love,
Q

2 comments:

  1. I used to love the devotionals at BYU. I don't think I ever missed one. They were a huge priority. I mean, really, when will you get that opportunity again. Glad you're taking advantage of that.
    Also glad your books came.
    Take a pic of the hair to post.
    Love you!

    ...Now to see if I have to word verify......

    ReplyDelete