Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 1 on the Alien Planet

So today was my first day of class.... And it was interesting.
First on the schedule was Math.... I'm taking a foundations math class because that's all that I need to do to graduate....
I walked into my class and the only chair open was one right smack in the middle of the front row. Well at least I knew I wasn't going to fall asleep. Plopped down in the chair and then the teacher walked in. She looked a lot like one of the science substitutes from Aloha but I knew she wasn't. And then she started talking and she said she was from Woodburn, Oregon. YAY! :D I was actually really happy to hear that. Class went by fairly quickly and we went over syllabus and stuff like that (typical first day of class).
8:45 rolled around and it was time for the next class.
This one was called Basic Musicianship (Music 171) and was all the way across campus... It started at 9:00. I was feeling a little stressed because I didn't know where it would be in the Snow building... I got there about a minute early and then class began. The first thing I heard when I walked through the door was the lovely sound of the VonTrapp family singers. Hahah the class is basically about solfege and it was going to be very interesting.
After that one I went to Music and the Humanities. This one seems to be exactly like AP Euro but with music incorporated into it. I loved AP Euro so, needless to say. this class is going to be AWESOME. I'm super excited. The teacher is very cool too. He's funny.
After this I went home because I had about an hour before I had the class I was going to walk into. I ate some lunch super fast (pasta and alfredo sauce) and then headed out the door.
Music 104... Group Vocal Instruction. I was on the waiting list for this class... No idea if I was going to get in. I went anyways and it was a lot of fun. The teacher, Sister Olsen, is a funny old lady that reminds my of my Grandma Joi. She's quirky and sarcastic.
I went home when all of that was done and tried, once again, to drop Music 155 which I was replacing with Music 104. It wouldn't let me so I called my friend, Julie Buss and she came over to help me. This was when we found out the bad news... I had to drop Music 171 if I was going to drop Music 155... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
I had to drop TWO classes?!
That's insane! Well I went into the office and a girl in there helped me out a bit. She helped me find a replacement class and everything seems to have worked out. I am now taking Music 104 instead of Music 155 and Music 312 instead of Music 171. And I am perfectly okay with it. Music 312 is the university choir and the amazing Sister Eda Ashby let me get into it (it was a closed class). YAY for amazing Mormon people :)
Ok well tomorrow morning I have Book of Mormon class at 7:45 so I should probably go to bed.... Goodnight!
Love,
Q

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love this! Thank you for sharing the ins and outs of your day. Hope you love it ALL!

    ReplyDelete