Monday, October 8, 2012

Well... That makes a whole lot more sense...

Okay so I know it's been ages since I've written... so shoot me... College life is busy
General Conference was this weekend (like you didn't know)
The only thing I really remember was President Monson announcing at the beginning of the Saturday morning session that boys can now go on missions at 18 and girls can go at 19.
Blew my mind.
I honestly can't remember anything else very clearly. The first thought in my head after he said that was, "I'm going."
Then there was a moment of sheer panic followed by a moment of intense excitement. And then the rest of conference, my emotions switched back and forth between the two. I felt like Rapunzel in that one scene in Tangled where she's at war with herself.

So, I'm going. Now I know and everything makes a whole ton more sense.
I never really was solid about what I was going to do after this year in college. It didn't feel right to come back for another year and I had no idea why. What was I going to do? Where was I going to be?
Well... Now I know :) I'm going to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I'm so excited. I figure that I'll finish out this year and turn in my papers as soon as I can. I'm going to write June as my availability date to have some time at home and to earn some money (hopefully) and everything will work out :)
I love General Conference. It explains so much and helps me understand everything.
Well, time to finish some homework. Just thought I'd let you know :)
Love you!
Love,
Q

4 comments:

  1. Couldn't make a mother prouder. Love you so much! You'll be an amazing missionary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! You have a good head on your shoulders Q;) keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am thrilled for you. There is nothing like seeing your next step in life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will always be happy you made this decision. There are people out there waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete