Sunday, June 2, 2019

Be not Ashamed

Romans 1:16 says, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." Ashamed can be defined as "embarrassed or guilty of one's actions, characteristics, or associations." Paul is teaching the Romans in this book and he felt that this was an important thing to share with them.
I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ either. It is peace and happiness in this life even when chaos abounds. It is the truth in a confusing world. It is safety and joy and blesses my life. I know the gospel is the power of God unto salvation. I feel so loved when I am obedient to my Heavenly Father. People sometimes wonder about members of the Church and why they do what they do. Why they're so obedient. Well there are many reasons for each person. But I think the main reason for each person who stays with the gospel for their whole life is because of the love they feel when they obey and the peace that comes with making good choices. When you obey, you know that God is pleased with you and I don't know why anyone would want anyone else's approval but His. His approval is the most important thing you could ever receive.
I love the gospel and the light it brings into my life. I love that I can share that light with those around me and help their lives become better. I know the gospel is essential for true and lasting happiness in this life. Without it, our happiness becomes fleeting and unfulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment