Sunday, May 12, 2019

Motherhood

The main thing I learned this week wasn't from the reading or class or anything but it's even more important. I learned it from Sacrament meeting today from a talk by one of my friends. She talked about being a mother to her two little girls and she said that her favorite scripture story to read is about Mother Eve. Eve was in a beautiful spot, the Garden of Eden, with her husband. Their lives were simple and easy there and without trials. But was she truly happy? No, because she wasn't complete. She didn't have any children and she knew she needed them. Motherhood was her calling. She didn't experience true joy until she became a mother, even if it wasn't in the most ideal place.

Thinking about this, I can relate a lot to Eve. My life has been relatively easy I would say. I've had trials but I've overcome them and learned a lot from them. Being currently pregnant again after a miscarriage, I understand what Eve went through. I used to be in a beautiful, easy place as well. Yes, there were some trials but nothing like what's coming for me. And yet, there will be true joy down the road as well because our family will grow. I have never experienced the joys of motherhood, and I'm so excited to get to have them. Like Eve, it takes sacrifices to experience true joy. I am willing to sacrifice everything for my little one and I know that because of that, I will be guided by my Savior as I welcome this little one into the world at the end of this year. I'm grateful for all the women in my life who have sacrificed for me and for the love they have shown me.

No comments:

Post a Comment