Sunday, March 27, 2016

Watch and Pray Always

This past week has been pretty interesting for me and I feel like Mark 14:38 is very good advice. I've realized that as we make big decisions in our lives, we need to make sure that we are preparing ourselves for an attack. Not only do we have to be keeping all the commandments to receive revelation about what we should do, we also need to be putting on our armor. Mark 14:38 says, "Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak."
I'm getting married soon, and I've realized as I've gotten closer and closer to my wedding date, that Satan is working very very hard to stop this from happening. This is reassuring because it means that I'm doing the right thing but it also hard because it means that I have to be at the top of my spiritual game. It reminds me of Doctrine and Covenants 27, where the Lord talks about the armor of God. In verse 15, He says, "Wherefore, lift up your hearts and rejoice, and gird up your loins, and take upon you my whole armor, that ye may be able to withstand the evil day, having done all, that ye may be able to stand." He then goes on to list all of the pieces of armor that we need to have. If even one of these pieces are missing, then we become vulnerable. It's a scary idea because the adversary is only getting stronger. But I know that if we strive to obtain the whole armor of God, then we will be protected. He will have no power over us, but only if we watch and pray always. 
Another way that Satan gets to us is through doubt. All good things come from God and all bad things come from somewhere else. Doubt is not and never will be a good thing. I think so that sometimes we don't consider it to be from Satan, just something that happens to us. But it is definitely not from God. Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith. Keep on believing and watch and pray always.

No comments:

Post a Comment